Jayden's Blog

Artisticly Amazing!

Mysterious Murder?!

| 2 Comments

Just so you know, this is all fake and simply a story I made up. But I do use some real facts about the location and the bay that I live beside. Also, maybe don’t read this if you don’t like spooky stuff. Enjoy!

Lake Edison by starlight

Bam! A gunshot from across the bay. We were having a peaceful campfire on the beach, talking about whatever it is we were talking about. Us three girls went silent at exactly 10:00pm when we heard what could have been murder. A scream arose from the darkness and not one second later an ear piercing gunshot only about 2 kilometers away.

“What in the world of ducklings was that?!” screamed Brittney as she accidentally flung her half roasted marshmallow into her long blond hair.

“It was just your imagination you dumb blond!” said Summer jokingly.

“No no no I heard it too! I think your are the dumb brunette  right now, Summer.” said Katy in a more serious tone. They put out the fire and ran inside fearing what that series of sounds could have been.

Later that night, at exactly 11:00, Summer was awoken by another haunting scream followed by another gun shot. She thought it was her imagination, but no, it couldn’t be! This one sounded as if it was just down the street. She didn’t wake up the other girls because she didn’t want to cause panic.

In the morning she told them what had happened.

“Could it be a serial killer! Umm what do we do?” Katy was thinking out loud. You could tell she was nervous and scared, they all were.

“Should we move? You know in case they are after us too! Oh no what if they are trying to get us to leave.” Brittney was getting overly suspicious of the situation. They thought and thought of what to do but the only solution they could find was to call the cops, and so they did. “Ring, ring” The telephone rang but no pick up? This wasn’t right, the police respond to every call! They tried again. “Static” there was no ringing. Only empty haunting static.

“Has some one cut the telephone lines!” Screamed Summer, she was almost crying. They knew they had to get out of there. Where to? That they did not know. They loaded some necessary stuff into the van and began driving. Katy had family across the border in the U.S.A. but they were already an hour into driving and they left their pass ports behind. They decided to go into the next hotel.

They found their room, number 12. At exactly 12:00 Another, BANG, this time it was a floor above them. They called the cops again but the police had to drive 30 minutes to get there which is not ideal when you are being followed by gunshots. They arrived and surveyed the area locking all doors so no one could get in or out. they questioned every one there, including us.

“What times were the shots heard?” asked one officer. “Around 10:00pm, 11:00pm and-” Brittney paused “-Oh my mother of ducklings!”

“12:00pm?” guessed the officer. The strange thing was that 10:00pm and 11:00pm are close times, but 12:00 pm is the middle if the day and the others are at night. Why choose this time to strike? The officer assured they’d be safe if they stayed the night at the station so they did.

They didn’t hear any shots through the night. Did that mean they were safe? No it didn’t because they couldn’t just live at the station. Or could they?

After 3 days the officers decided that they needed to return home. They stayed at a hotel, not the same one of course, for the next night. As they guessed at 1:00pm just after lunch, another one! This time no scream. “What could they want!?”

Try to finish the story in your own way in the comments! I will choose the one that I like best and use it as a part 2 for the story.

Bye and have a cake filled day! 😀

~Jayden

– Mathias Rodriguez – via Compfight

2 Comments