Jayden's Blog

Artisticly Amazing!

Jo-Jo and Bobby (A story)

| 6 Comments

Holiday SnowMan

ClaraDon via Compfight

It was the first snowfall of the year and me and my sister went out to play in the snow but then we realized that there were footprints in the snow! We were confused because it wasn’t dog, deer, bird, raccoon or cat prints. Then we realized there were two sets of prints! That’s when we realized there were two snowmen hiding behind Oaty! (That’s what we call our huge tree.) I thought it was just that my mom and dad built them when we were sleeping but my sister, as always, thought it was magic.

Our curiosity brought us toward them and when we each laid a hand on their hats they seemed to shiver and move! My sister and I jumped back and I whacked my head on a root. The snowmen continued to shake until finally the one that I touched smiled and waved! My sister jumped up and hugged the snowman while I was too freaked out to move! Then the other snowman did the same.

“Hello” They said in unison, my sister still clinging to one. “I’m Jo-Jo” said the one that I woke up. “And I’m Bobby” said the other one. My sister stepped back and hugged the other one.

“Well Jo-Jo and Bobby,” I said “We gotta go now” I dragged my sister inside and told my mom what happened. She didn’t believe us, obviously but out of the corner of my eye I saw the snowmen just outside the window! I gestured to my mom to look out the window and she, seeing that I was trying to be subtle, glanced out the window

“Holly cowsers!” She screamed. She told us to stay inside all winter till the snow is gone because the snowmen freaked her out. This was crushing to me because I’ve been waiting all year to play in the snow because that’s my favourite thing to do!

I nodded even though I felt a slight sickness and tears brewing inside me. My sister however didn’t deal with it quiet as well, she ran to her room crying. My mom said we could go somewhere farther away like Mount Washington because there’s no way the snowmen could follow us up there. I heard my mom explaining that to my sister and my dad.

The next day we went to Mount Washington and had a lot of fun but after a few minutes Jo-Jo and Bobby tracked us down! My sister was happy but me, my Mom and my dad were kinda freaked out. (again) The snowmen then said to hop on their backs, My sister did but I just walked behind them. My parents followed us up a hill and then Jo-Jo said “If you’re not going to get on my back at least ride this. He made a toboggan out of snow then made two more for my parents. We decided it wouldn’t hurt to try so we got on them and slid down the hill.

It was the most fun I had had in a long time and my sister was in the lead because she was riding Bobby but I wouldn’t let that stop me! I swung my arms in circles to push forward and I was the first to reach the bottom!

In time we began to trust bobby and Jo-Jo and we had fun with them all winter but in february it started to warm up and my mom helped book a flight for bobby and Jo-Jo’s return home, (The North Pole.)

“Don’t worry” Said Jo-Jo “We will come back next December.” We all said our goodbyes and Bobby and Jo-Jo went home.

That was my half made up story, it’s half true because last winter we did make snowmen and named them Bobby and Jo-Jo but they didn’t really come to life. What did you like about this story and what do you think I could improve on? Please tell me in the comments

Bye and have a cake-filled day

~Jayden

6 Comments